A cover letter is a one page document that briefly introduces you to your prospective employer, and conveys your interest to work for them. A well-written cover letter helps you to present yourself as the best candidate for the vacant position of your prospective employer, because it creates a firm impression that your qualifications, skills, experience, achievements and attributes matches with the nature and responsibilities of the vacant position. It briefly introduces vital facts presented in your curriculum vitae or resume.
The following are some of the most important tips to keep in mind when writing a cover letter:
- Keep the cover letter short and succinct.
- Organize it in the following order: an introductory paragraph, the biographical paragraph, and the concluding paragraph.
- Present your qualifications in order of relevance, from the most to the least.
- You should individualize each cover letter. Avoid using a generic template.
- You must use proper grammar and spellings.
- Always use professional language.
- Don’t include unnecessary information.
- Don’t mention anything about your interests of payment and job benefits.
- Be original and creative. Your cover letter must invite the recruiter to read your CV and call you for a job interview.
The book below is Ideal for you to get your cover letter done today. And then get ready to land an awesome job next!