Requisition Number: 508337
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Business Development, Mining, Administration
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- FQM Scholarships will cover full tuition, boarding fees and upkeep allowance
- Working Vacations with FQML
- Professional mentoring
- Continuous performance evaluations
- Applicants must have at least 5 distinctions, including English & Mathematics. Ensure certified copies of results are attached
- Candidates who get through the first screening exercise will be invited to write a scholarship assessment
- Open to candidates who completed school in 2018 or who are completing grade 12 in 2019
- Applicants must be no older than 18 years at the end of 2019 provide certified proof of age
- Only applications made on the prescribed form and meet the above requirements will be considered
Advertised: 30 Sep 2019 FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Oct 2019 FLE Daylight Time